Please find below our student agreement. This agreement has been designed to protect the quality of the training you receive. Coaching Development is an ethical organisation that values honest and open communication with its students. In the unlikely event that you are unable to meet your obligations under this agreement, please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
1. Process and Payment
Applications for a place on a course are considered on submission of a Coaching Development application form.
Mutual Interview (where applicable):
The Mutual Interview (MI) is part of Coaching Development’s application process. It is a phone call of approximately 30 minutes to discuss the training course, address any questions the applicant may have and check that the course is appropriate to their learning needs. This will be scheduled on receipt of application.
Payment should be made within 10 days of the MI. A deposit or instalment payment must be received in order to confirm a place on the course. Until such time as full payment is received Coaching Development may continue to sell or allocate places.
Variation to Payment Terms:
Coaching Development reserves the right to adjust the above terms. In such an event the revised terms will be supplied to the student in writing and will be valid on that occasion only.
2. Cancellation of Training by Student
Each student has the right at any time to cancel their place on the training course. All requests to cancel must be made in writing to the Business Manager at:
Requests will be acknowledged in writing by Coaching Development and processed as below.
Cancellation charges will be levied as follows:
- 31 days + prior to start of training 0% of programme fees
- 22-30 days prior to start of training 25% of programme fees
- 0-21 days prior to start of training 50% of programme fees
- Once training has commenced 100% of programme fees
- Coaching Development reserves the right to re-sell or re-allocate cancelled places.
3. Transfer of Training Course by Student
Each student has the right, prior to the start of the training course, to request to transfer their place to another Coaching Development course. Such requests must be made in writing to the Business Manager at either the company postal or email address (as stated under section: Cancellation of Training by Student). Any requests received will be promptly acknowledged in writing by the Coaching Development Programme Manager and be processed as follows:
- Requests for transfers received 22 or more days before the start of the training course are not subject to a transfer charge. Please note, however, that if there is a price increase for the selected course the difference in fee will be charged.
- Requests for transfers received 0-21 days before the start of the training course are subject to a transfer charge of 10% of total training course fees, plus any increase in fee as above.
- If a student transfers more than once, a further 10% transfer fee will be incurred each time, in addition to any increase in course fees.
- Coaching Development reserves the right to re-sell or re-allocate transferred places on any of the training courses in coaching.
4. Changes to Course Content and Logistics
Training programme content and logistics are correct at the time of publishing (within either online or printed materials). However, alterations to course content, venue, dates, opening and closing times and training personnel may occasionally be made and/or necessary. Coaching Development reserves the right, at any time, to change these and, where possible, will give reasonable notice of such changes. The student shall not have any claim against Coaching Development in respect of any consequential or indirect loss whatsoever. Coaching Development reserves the right at any time, without prior notification, to cancel a coach training course and offer an alternative date, credit or a refund. The student shall not have any claim against Coaching Development in respect of any consequential or indirect loss whatsoever.
5. Training Materials
The student acknowledges that the training materials including hand-outs, information, documentation, manuals and the manner in which they are presented are the intellectual property of Coaching Development Ltd. The student shall not reproduce or copy or vary or adapt the coach training materials by any means or in any way or form whatsoever for commercial use. To the fullest extent permitted by the law, neither Coaching Development Ltd nor its coaches will be liable by reason of breach of Contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or damage (whether direct, indirect or consequential) occasioned to any person acting or omitting to act or refraining from acting upon the course material or presentation of the coaching training course.
6. Waiver and Termination
Any waiver given by Coaching Development Ltd in relation to any condition will only be effective if given in writing and will only be valid on that occasion. Coaching Development Ltd has the right to terminate the contract with the student immediately in the following circumstances:
- Where the student has committed a breach of his or her obligations under the terms and conditions.
- Where the student acts in an inappropriate manner that compromises or impacts the learning of other students or brings Coaching Development Ltd into disrepute. (In the event of such behaviour, the student will always first be given the opportunity to change the situation).
- Where the relationship between Coaching Development Ltd and student has, even after mediation, become untenable.
- In the event of the termination of the contract, the cancellation provisions set out in Section 2 shall apply.
Should a student have any concerns relating to the training and wish to raise them formally, then s/he should write to the Business Manager by post or email at the company address (as stated under section: Cancellation of Training by Student). If the student is not satisfied with the response the student should write a letter or email stating why they are dissatisfied and address it to a Director of the company. The decision of the Director, in relation to that letter or email is final and there will be no further communication on the matter.
Please refer to each individual course regarding accreditation.
Filming and/or the photographing of the tutors in session may occasionally take place for the purposes of learning resources and/or promotional materials. If you do not wish to be included please advise us accordingly.
10. Course Alterations
Coaching Development Ltd cannot be held liable in respect of any decision, action, alteration or requirement by accrediting bodies and/or course standards which may have the subsequent effect of altering the status of the courses offered by Coaching Development.