This program is the official introductory Transactional Analysis (TA) program, known as the TA 101.
TA is a theory of human development, personality, and communication. It has concepts that can be learned and applied as tools for personal and professional growth and change. The underlying philosophy is one of mutual self-respect and caring and a belief in peoples’ ability to be responsible, think for themselves and make their own decisions.
Wherever in the world you attend a TA 101, you will learn the same range of TA concepts and discover some of the background and development of TA. Only internationally accredited Transactional Analysts can run a 101. This ensures that high standards are maintained to ensure that the learning experience incorporates accurate and consistent information about TA.
This course, taught by an accredited Transactional Analyst, will carry accreditation with the International Transactional Analysis Association (ITAA) and the European Association of Transactional Analysis (EATA). It is a dynamic, practical and insight-full introduction to applied psychology for coaches.
By the end of the TA 101, participants will be able to:
- Describe basic theoretical concepts of transactional analysis
- Classify a range of interpersonal behaviours and internal processes using basic transactional analysis concepts
- Apply basic transactional analysis concepts to explore new options for understanding themselves and communicating and relating with others
What is Transactional Analysis?
TA is described by the ITAA as ‘a theory of personality and a systematic psychotherapy for personal growth and change’
To flesh this out, we can say that TA is:
- A theory of human development, personality and communication
- A set of interlocking concepts which can be understood and applied for personal change
- An easily accessible language to describe and understand experience and behaviour
- A set of concepts enabling people to readily understand and integrate the concepts into their lived experience.
The philosophical basis for TA states that:
- As human beings, all people are intrinsically OK, even though their behaviour may not be
- People can think for themselves and take responsibility to make their own choices
- People have an innate urge to grow, develop themselves and make new decisions about their lives
About our Facilitator
Karen Pratt PCC, TSTA (E), has worked with Coaching Development in South Africa for over 6 years and ran the first Johannesburg Coaching Essentials training early in 2011.
Karen is Africa's only Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst in Education and is also a certified Coach Supervisor and Appreciative Inquiry Facilitator.
Karen works as a coach, trainer and facilitator across the spectrum of South African people – from home-based health care workers to executives.
She has a passion for learning and believes that all people are OK, they can think for themselves and choose to change. She believes that all learning is transformational and impacts the personal, family, community and social levels.
|The TA 101 - Introduction to Transactional Analysis with Karen Pratt|
|When||Monday, 27th and Tuesday, 28th July, 2020.|
|Where||The Highbury Venue, Islington, London. N1 2PB|
|CCEUs||12 CCEUs core competencies|
|Fee||£325 + VAT|
Click on the button below to access the application form for the TA101 workshop: